Wednesday 16 June 2010

Rare AW10 Press Day

The best press day ever*:


I must admit, I've always been a bit sceptical about ultra girly, ultra dressy labels such as Rare.
But, their AW10 collection was surprisingly gorgeous. The collection featured key AW10 catwalk trends, such as embellishment, military, draping, honing and fringe as well as the introduction of their footwear line.

Although key pieces were their signature bodycon dresses, empire-line and bias cut dresses also featured, flattering the figure conscious. My faves from the collection were the Burberry inspired one should mini, the sheer/rosette embellished bodycon dress and the gold sequined bodysuit- I'm sure Almina checked that I hadn't gone home in it!

*embarrassing admission alert*

Having said that, my enthusiasm 50/50 mostly came from the fact that having eaten two slices of chocolate cake nothing all day, on arrival being presented with: mini fish 'n' chips, mini chicken pies, mini fish cakes, mini crab cakes, mini beef wellingtons, AND strawberries and cream... made one little Princess very happy!

Couple that with mojitos on tap (sadface at my drinking ban) a gifted dress, playing dress-up and catching up with a few blogger lovies (Styleeast & Adorngirl) and I'd call it the best press day ever, wouldn't you?

xx

Special thanks to the Rare team!

16 comments:

  1. That sounds so much fun! (And yummy!) I love this brand, they have such beautiful clothes!! They are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wasn't it so much fun? They organised it very well. The dress you're wearing was actually one of my favourite's as well and I've got pictures of Daniela from Couture & Crumpets modelling the sequin onesie. Fantastic press day!

    S
    http://notjustmedical.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha, so cool! love the dresses and mainly the fab shoes rounded up everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great photos! thanks for making my first press day an amazing one!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks amazing, beautiful clothes :) Awesome blog, I'm following!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my goodness, the canapes you had sound amazing! yum, i am so craving some fish and chips right now, hehe. there wasn't as much choice when i was there, for shame!

    the body con dress looks lovely on you, i had so much fun dressing up :) did you see the front of the onesie? daniella had to wear it back to front, it looked pretty cool though. i tried it on the right way round in the toilets but oh my there was just too much cleavage! hehe.

    the camera i use is a panasonic lumix dmc-fz28 and i edit all of my pictures on picnik.com. the effects i use on practically all of my pictures are cinemascope and 1960's :)

    love, jazzabelle. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is great! i love your photos! the one shouldered drapey Burberry-esque dress was also one of my favourites! this was really fun. Rare really did a great job. I've got two pairs of their shoes that are on my wish list now.... xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so crazy about that gold sequined bodysuit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You wish you would have heard the gay squeal I did as I saw the bodysuit sparkly shiny sexy gold black thing. SHOULDER PADS AND GLITTER AND GOLD AND TIGHT BLACK AND, I love clothes. I could look at them for days.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ha ha ha I was ALL about the mini snacks!! Was a fun event and I really loved some of the dresses. My favourite was the mesh and silver one you're modelling! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. O.M.G
    I'm SO gutted I couldn't make it :'(
    It looks like you had the BEST time!! And a gifted dress?! I loveee the Rare dresses.
    Love the new collection, definitely having a lookie! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Soho Hse does great crab cakes and chips mmmm. Fab coverage!

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful dresses!

    looks like u ladies had a great veiwing!



    xx


    www.bijousstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. That sounds like such a great event. I'm so jealous, living in Glasgow is no fun! xx
    http://www.weshopthereforeweare.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great post! Yes I thought it was the best Press Day ever, too, but I'm kicking myself I didn't stay around til after work.. it looks like the post 5 time slot was great. I was also wishing I'd shot the food but I think we had different food than you - it sounds amazing! I love everything you listed. We had really great stuff, too, like mini cheese burgers.

    I'm really impressed with Rare as a brand, and also Almina for working so hard to make it look effortless. Her team are brilliant.

    Hope you're feeling better, Princess P!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. p.s. Forgot to say: you look gorgeous in that dress.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

bloglovin